Monday, February 17, 2014

Wien Free Time

On Tuesday in Vienna, we were given the entire afternoon to spend doing whatever we wanted to in the city. I was told by a comrade that the Schonbrunn Palace was a great place to visit, and so I headed in that direction for the start of my afternoon. After figuring out how to get there, getting there, and buying my ticket, I headed through the 26 rooms of the palace that I had paid for and even snuck a few pictures even though there were signs in every room telling me not to. After the palace, we went to see the back yard which was humongous. We were able to see at most half of it in just over an hour of time spent walking around. At the end farthest away from the palace, atop a big hill, there was a wall-like structure guarded by two large knight statues with very peculiar faces. After walking around the yard, we went to the nearby technology museum, which we thought we could tackle in an hour before it closed. It turned out that it was a four story museum with hundreds and hundreds of exhibits on each floor, so we had to rush through in order to "see" everything. 

Wall at the hilltop

Dat face

View of the palace and Vienna from the hilltop

No comments:

Post a Comment