Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wanna Belgium?

Howdy!
This week was hectic! David and I pulled consecutive all nighters trying to study for the physiology exam, finish signals and systems homework, and most importantly, finish up the Valentine's Day Card. Everyone seemed snappy as friday neared and we had to face the test. Anywho, on Friday, Fredericka invited everyone to a spontaneous trip to Belgium. David and I hopped on that train and had ~2 hours to plan the trip. David left soon after to borrow Nicole's large backpack. I stayed to look for a hostel near the city. After spending about an hour searching for the "right one", I realized that my credit card wasn't registered for Beligum and so it was being rejected. This was a bit stressful, and on top of that, we only had about an hour left before having to meet back up at AIB, fully packed. As I walked back to my house to pack, David called and I let him know there was a chance I wasn't going to go since it was too rushed and I was just exhausted after having slept about 10 hours total in the past week. He understood as the saw had happened to him. So, unfortunately, we ended up not going and just stayed in town to spend the night with Matt on his birthday!

On Monday, we observed surgeries and I got to watch as a stent was inserted into a man's Femoral Artery due to an aneurism. I saw another surgery after getting some soup where a girl was getting her lymph nodes taken out due to throat cancer, and finally, I saw an artificial bladder being put in after the old one was taken out. That one was by far the coolest, although, the first surgery was more interactive.  On Tuesday, we went to the Anesthesia Museum which was really interesting. I wish the cards were in English so I could understand the displays a little better. All in all, it was an insightful experience and hope to one day learn a little more about it. On Wednesday, we had our Karneval warm up and I LOVED singing the songs such as Viva Colonia, and Hallelujah. I've had those songs stuck in my head since. On Thursday, everyone settled down and started studying seriously, then Friday was THE DAY (Matt's Birthday).

No comments:

Post a Comment