Sunday, February 16, 2014

Vienna Josephinum

During our excursion to Wien, we got to visit the Josephinum. This facility was founded in 1785 by Emperor Joseph II as a medicosurgical military academy. Within the back rooms of the Josephinum were wax bodies and body parts created to depict the detailed anatomy of humans. We had  tour guide walking us through all of the rooms and giving us descriptions of some of the  figures. Everything she had to say was very interesting and I felt like I learned a lot about anatomy and physiology that I never knew. I wish we were given more time to walk around and look at all the figures that weren't discussed, however. There were many anatomical structures that I did not get a chance to look at and would have loved to learn more about.
Here is a picture of the description of the Josephinum found in the main room

No comments:

Post a Comment