Sunday, February 2, 2014

A week in Germany

I love it here so far. There's so many things to do and see and experience. Not only on our own, but with the excursions as well. My favorite has to be the trip to Cologne. When I first saw the Cologne church, I just about died from awe (I get that from my mom, don't judge). I was so excited when I realized that we would not only be touring it, but actually going up into the top of the church and walking around from the outside. It was so cool! I love learning about the history of the church and how it was built, but the best part was being so close to some of the carvings, I could make out the figures of some of the more unique statues. And once we got back inside to see the stained glass windows, I was so happy. They were absolutely gorgeous, and taking the tour with people that I've already started to become good friends with was just and added bonus to an already wonderful tour.


 I know we all saw it, but it's just so beautiful!
Watching the sunset between the towers was the best part

There's more to what I like in Bonn than just the scheduled activities though. I really enjoy just walking around the city. In the past two weeks, I've just walked after lunch on Sundays. I really hope I can keep it up. The first time I went out with Robert and Nicole and we just decided to walk along the Rhein for a while. The surrounding area was so nice to just look at and we spent the time walking and talking. It was a lot of fun. We even stopped by old AIB to take a picture with the red phone booth because my grandparents have one outside their house and I wanted one for nostalgia's sake. The second time I walked was today after lunch  because everyone else went home, but I wanted to stay to work on stuff at AIB. Unfortunately the ring bearer was not there yet, so I just walked around Bonn. I found some really cool stuff too, like the graffiti wall and the theater house. I also found a few cafe's that I think I'll try out later and I definitely feel much more comfortable with the layout of Bonn now. It was really nice.

 No big, just some graffiti'd walls of a tunnel
A continuation of the first panoramic picture

I'm excited to see what this week will have in store for me.
Erin Zebrowski

No comments:

Post a Comment