Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Respect Knuckles"

"Wo ist der Hauptbahnhof?"

Over the past three weeks, we've travelled all throughout Bonn. I've often found myself reverting to that question after getting lost throughout the town. Traveling to Köln, we spent the morning at the ELDE Haus, lunch at Gaffel am Dom, a city tour of Köln and a rooftop tour of the Köln Cathedral. I really enjoyed learning about the history of the Gestapo office and going throughout the cathedral. It was interesting to see all of the ladies dressed up for their pre-karnival parties. Furthermore, this past saturday was Melissa's birthday and I enjoyed the bioscience bonding time outside of studying. 

It was especially great that we got to meet the visual design professor from Loyola Marymount University to work on our prosthetic design. Her demonstrations and exercises opened my mind to different ideas towards our potential designs. Also, I really enjoyed Professor Ritter's lecture on circuits. She's been incredibly helpful throughout the process including coming in after class hours to help us. I also enjoyed having breakfast with Fenja the week before. Because of the requirements for the breakfast, I got to practice my German and can now communicate better with my host family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment