Thursday, February 20, 2014

Vienna trip!!!

Well this is actually supposed to be for last week but we had too much fun that week to take any breaks. Vienna was an absolutely beautiful city and there was so much stuff to see and do. I definitely could have spent much more time there. The first day was a very long day since we had to get up at 3:30 and I am the farthest thing from a morning person. We went on a city tour and I got completely lost after a few twists in the road but we did see a lot of the city which was interesting. Then we got to go into St. Micheal's cathedral and visit the catacombs there. This was possibly one of the more interesting, odd and kinda creepy things I have ever done. I never thought I would be around so many human bones just lying under the same roof. There were even two mummified remains on display, it felt really odd to just walk through the graves of so many people. The next day we saw the Josephinum museum with all of the wax models used by the medical students of Vienna. This museum was very interesting but my least favorite part was the obstetric models.... Ewwww!! Then we had some free time and went to see the Hofburg palace and the Sisi museum. The palace grounds were so beautiful and surrounded by interesting architecture. The next day we saw the pathology museum which was located in an old medical insane asylum. Later that day we saw a beautiful concert in a small cathedral. The musicians sounded wonderful and the acoustics in the church and the surroundings made it almost ethereal. All in all this trip was so exciting and interesting and I can't wait to go back some day and see all of the things that I missed there. Number one on the list will be the Kunst museum since I heard that everyone loved it.
Other than the trip there was only the weekend left. Luckily for us, our host family got a new puppy this weekend. She is an adorable little fluff ball and is going to grow up to be a huge bear of a dog!!! She is so cute. Unfortunately that left very little time for homework, so that is what I'm off to do now. Later alligator!!

No comments:

Post a Comment