Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 2

Week two is officially complete. It doesn't feel like I've only been in Germany for two weeks. It's starting to feel more familiar with each passing day. Classes are still going well and I am still exploring Europe. We went to Cologne on Tuesday as a group. We toured the city and even got to climb to the top of the cathedral! It is a nice city with a very rich history (and I will have to go back soon to see the chocolate museum).

Cologne HBF from the roof of the cathedral
This weekend, we went to Amsterdam. It was an interesting experience, to say the least. The architecture and canal systems are beautiful, but the culture is very different from what I am used to. I did not know much about Amsterdam before I went, so I didn't really know what to expect. There were some ups and downs, but we still had fun. I went on a canal boat tour, which was a cool way to see the city. I also visited the Anne Frank house, which was a very moving experience. I even found a cat museum, filled with paintings of cats, along with a few real cats. We had some issues with trains and lodging, but it worked out in the end. (Just a bit more difficult than what we had anticipated...)

Amsterdam from the canal boat tour
One highlight of the trip: the museum cats


No comments:

Post a Comment