Sunday, January 8, 2017

The calm before the storm

Have you ever noticed how everything gets super still before a big storm. Everything gets so still and seems so heavy, and then all of a sudden the sky turns green and there is the storm. Thats how I feel right now. I am calmer than I expected and I have feeling that will soon change. I am on the brink of doing things that I have never done before, and growing because of it. 
This will be the first time that I will spend with my grandparents without my mom to translate for us. I am excited to see them for the first time in a long time, but I'm also nervous because there is such a large language, culture, and age barrier between us. I have no clue how my visit with them will go, hopefully it will be good. 
I have a tendency to be withdrawn in new settings, with new people. I am worried that might prevent me from meeting people, making friends, and memories during my time in Germany. Hopefully I will have enough confidence to overcome this, and to enjoy myself. I also hope that I will be able to focus enough on my classes to do well in them instead of constantly becoming distracted by Germany. 
There is a list a mile long of things I want to accomplish or things that I want to improve about myself while I'm gone, but in the end I am just grateful to be going on this trip and to experience anything it has to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment