Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pre- Adventure

Howdy,

My name is Cerci Danielle Hammons and I am currently doing some last minute packing and thinking as I get ready to leave the country. I have thought for a while about what to write as far as this trip goes, but I am at a loss, so I will just go as it comes to me.

I am a junior BIMS major, from Houston, Tx. As I do my last minute packing I am so excited, because this is the last night I will be in Houston, much less in the United States for the next FOUR months! I am super excited, but also a little nervous because I have no idea of what to expect and that is exciting as well as terrifying. I am leaving behind all of my comfort for a little adventure and that is okay! I am content with going to explore the world, who wouldn't be, right?!

This is a big journey for me, as well as my friends and family that I am going to miss dearly. I leave behind a ton of friends, a worried mother, plenty of nieces and nephews, and nine siblings total, crazy right? I am excited to leave them all behind though because whenever I come back I will have endless stories, although I will miss them! So I am determined to have enough fun for me and all of the previously mentioned combined! I am excited to meet my host family, see how actual cold weather feels (a Texas joke), excited to adventure unknown territory, and excited to see how I will grow for these four months! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I am so ready to take!


Honestly, I just hope this trip is ready for me!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment