Wednesday, January 11, 2017

MJF Ad Initium

Well, here I am, at what appears to be a crossroad. The path that my feet are to take is clear and defined, and tomorrow I will take that first step upon it and into whatever lies before.

It is a peculiar feeling, whatever this is. I feel excited, nervous, ambitious, and everything in between. I cannot believe that I'm actually about to do this... It's surreal! I have traveled across the US and lived on every coast, but this is something entirely different. The opportunity that my future appears to hold is tangible. All I need to do is reach out and take hold of it, and that is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow.

Anyways, how about a little backstory on how I came to be in this great position? Partway through last semester, I was introduced to the opportunity of studying abroad via email. The email contained the information for when and where an informational meeting was to take place and I thought to myself "what could it hurt to check it out?" So I went. Honestly, I never would have expected to take it so seriously, but I got hooked from the very first meeting. Germany began to intrigue me and I felt a pull to the opportunity. As I began to get more information on the chance to study abroad in Germany, however, something began to become evident. The more I looked into the program, the more I understood the desire in me-- no, the need-- to obtain the experiences that I would be presented by such an endeavor.

So here I am, writing the first blog post of my adventure into a new life. Here's to great beginnings. Here is to becoming Weltbürgern.

Bis bald!

-- Michael J. Florer

No comments:

Post a Comment