Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Embarking On A Journey

Howdy,

My name is John Kyle Cooper and I am a Sophomore Biomedical Engineering Student from Waco, Texas, but most importantly I am THE Loudest and THE PROUDEST Fightin' Texas Aggie Member of The Class Of 2019! A-A-A-A-A!

Tonight is the last night that I will spend in Waco, Texas for the next four months. I am amazed and excited knowing that tomorrow I will board a Lufthansa flight and depart for Bonn, Germany! Ever since I first traveled with my family to London, England in 7th grade, I have been inspired to travel the world and gain a better understanding/perspective in a world full of different viewpoints. As a Biomedical Engineer, I believe perspective is an important characteristic to hold when developing medical devices (a great engineer sees the need for a device). I am looking forward to learning more about my field this semester. Dr. Wasser has commonly called this study abroad trip a "journey" and it rightfully is one, because this trip signifies a time, where I will be the most independent I have ever been in my entire life (this excites me, but terrifies me at the same time)! Nevertheless, I am very ready to take on this semester with a strong spirit for adventure!

One thing that I (at the end of this "journey") hope to see is growth. My goal is (on May 3) to look back at this post and know that I am not the same person writing this post.
(Hopefully my writing skills will have improved as well!)

Thanks and Gig'em,
John Kyle Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment