Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Germany Week 1

Where I do even begin with this post? Well how about let's start with the fact that I feel this heroes journey just stomped me to the ground literally and metaphorically. Today was the most stressful, painful, but rewarding day I think I have ever had. I travelled by train to Frankfurt which was not bad at all. Once in Frankfurt main station I had to find the subway. Of course being the clumsy person I am I tripped getting on the escalator to go down to the subway and fell down ever single stair and literally have a foot that is swollen twice its normal size. Thank goodness no one completely laughed at me and all seemed very concerned even though I could not figure out what they were saying to me. After that I traveled to Eschborn which is the town where my mcat is in the morning and where I am staying the night. Well of course the story does not end there. I just got completely lost for two hours in Eschborn which by the way was kind painful on my body since I am pretty sore from falling gracefully of course down the escalator. For those of you who don't know it is probably the smallest town in Germany and of course I managed to get lost. Thank goodness I found two ladies who spoke English and pointed me in the right direction. As I sit here writing this blog I honestly can not help but laugh. I may have made a fool of myself and got lost, but hey I made it and that is the main thing. I can honestly say I have never truly been more proud of myself that I did not have a complete meltdown and just give up. I never thought that I would be able to be this truly independent. Besides today though Germany has been absolutely incredible. I love the structure of our classes and the small sizes I look forward to see how this dynamic will differ than the large classes I have previously been in. I love how close we are all becoming to this is something I thought would take a longer time, but I am so grateful for it. I look forward to continuing on this heroes journey although I know their will be bumps or escalators along I know that by the end I will be a whole new person. Now it is time for bed and time to beat the ever living ever loving hell out of my mcat in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment