Friday, January 6, 2017

Before Germany

As I am preparing to leave, I am very excited for the opportunity ahead of me. Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous, and while I am slightly unsure of what lies ahead, the overwhelming feeling of excitement is overshadowing any nerves that I may have. I am expecting this upcoming semester to be full of new events and experiences that I have never gotten the chance to enjoy before. Having never been abroad before, I am expecting there is a lot I will see and definitely some cultural differences that I will have to immerse myself in. I do have a little bit of anxiety about living with a host family mostly because I am an only child. I have never lived with anyone other than just my parents and while I don't think it will be a bad experience, I do feel as though it will be something new that I will need to allow time for adjustment.

Overall, I am most excited for all of the opportunities we will have to travel and see different places. I am also really looking forward to experiencing the day to day life of the Germans and participating in events with my host family. I am happy about having a traditional style homestay because I feel like it will give me a more honest cultural experience and allow me to experience a life different from my own. I am also really excited for all of the german food. I have heard so many good things about it and can't wait to try things and try to be open to new things that I typically wouldn't eat. I am very curious about what type of food my host family cooks especially for breakfast because I imagine it's much different from my usual cereal. I guess I will find out once I am there and let it be a surprise.

I'm sure there will be much more to talk about once I am there and it's currently only a few days away. I should probably start packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment