Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Germany Here I Come

Howdy Y'all,
     My name is Stephenie Geistweidt and I am a biomedical science major. As I sit here on my last night in Texas my emotions are all over the place. I just had a going away dinner to say my last goodbyes to all my family and friends. Talk about tear fest. Other than just being sad from telling everyone bye my other two main emotions I am feeling this evening is fear of the unknown and excitement for the trip.
     I signed up for this study abroad in April of last year. So obviously I should be one hundred percent prepared for this trip by now, right? Well I do not think that is the case. I am beyond excited for this opportunity and I know it will be an amazing experience. However of course I do have my worries. I am terrified of how it will be being away from my family and friends for four months. I am nervous about the fact that I really do not know that many people going on the trip only one. I am also extremely worried of the fact I take my mcat in Germany in less than ten days. Finally my main worry is of all the terrorist threats around the world and being in an unknown environment.
     Although I have these worries I know this will be an experience of a lifetime. I will be able to go places I have never dreamed of going and experience things many will never experience in their lifetime. I am super excited that we will be building a prosthetic because that is the speciality I would like to focus on after I graduate college and hopefully medical school. I am honestly so excited that I will get to travel all over Europe. I have a list of all of the different countries I want to go see while studying abroad.
     As I go into this semester of unknown I have set some goals that I plan to achieve. My first goal is that I get out of comfort zone and engulf this experience as much as I can. My second goal is to learn as much German as I possibly can even if I sound like a crazy person speaking it. My third goal is to meet new people and make new friends along the way. Finally my fourth goal is to become more independent. My next post will be 5000 miles away from home and I am sure full of exciting stories and memories. Here is to the greatest trip of my life and to the fact in less than twenty four hours I will be heading across the world to get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment