Sunday, January 22, 2017

Week 1: "Adventure Of A Lifetime": The 1st Week (plus a couple of "-tags")

Week 1: "Adventure Of A Lifetime": The 1st Week (plus a couple of "-tags")

Hallo!

It has been a little more than a week since we flew in to Frankfurt and drove to Bonn. Since, then I have experienced so much in the past week that it feels like I've been here for months! So many events have happened: on the first day being in Bonn, the tram that was going to take us to Bonn Hbf (Central Station) broke down, which lead my roommate Kendrick Lim and I on an adventure to figure out another way to get the station; the apartment that our gracious and super host family allows us to live in has an old German toilet (with included "Poop Shelf" [Kendrick Hates This]); we've had many late nights in Bonn already, on which we usually eat at McDonald's (the German ones are special).
Unfortunately, while studying abroad you must remember to "study", so homework has been a priority for me this past week (thankfully) (I usually would like to finish it before I travel on the weekends).
So far, our travels have taken us to Aachen and Heidelberg (both have been amazing places)! Aachen has a rich history due to its ties with the historically famous Charlemagne and his cathedral in which his throne is found. Also, the cathedral (The Aachener Dom) has a treasury museum that has amazing pieces of European history!
As I am writing this, I am also riding the train back to Bonn from Heidelberg. I believe that place is one of the most wonderful and magical areas I have ever been to. Heidelberg's scenic area and Castle cannot be outdone by anything I have seen in my life (so far), therefore I would love to recommend it to any of my friends that plan to visit Germany in the near future!
If you would like to see the photos I have taken of my trip so far, follow me on instagram: @kylecooper96

I have many pictures yet to take and upload and I have many more memories to make on this trip! It's only been the first week and I feel like this trip will be an experience of a lifetime.

Tschüss!

John Kyle Cooper

1 comment:

  1. You have discussed an interesting topic that every body should know. Very well explained with examples. i have found a similar website Making and living change visit the site to know more about Hill Running | Hill Training Running

    ReplyDelete