Sunday, January 22, 2017

Week 1 (and a half)

One week down in Bonn and I am happy to say that I having an amazing time. I have already seen more than I thought I would see and I have definitely been making the most of every day (I've probably done more than I would have in a semester at TAMU). I've seen castles, cathedrals, vineyards, fortresses, universities, and so much more.






The vineyard we visited on our first official day here (13.01)










Bonn Minster, the main cathedral in Bonn; 
got to go to mass here the first Sunday in Bonn (15.01)







Made it (barely) to the top of Godesberg castle and the view was incredible (15.01)















Tour of Bonn, the city Beethoven was born in (16.01)













The inside of Aachen Cathedral (20.01)




A group of us accidentally stumbled upon a peaceful protest against German extremists; "Koblenz ist bunt" (colorful) (21.01)

It's a lot colder here than I expected and I am still trying to get used to it after 11 days in. It's also taken some time to get used to the subway, but now I take it as easily as I take the busses back at TAMU. All of the people I have met on this trip have been so friendly and have made this experience exponentially better. 

So far, this trip has exceeded my expectations on every level. Next week we go to Vienna and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment