Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pre-Germany

Howdy,

My name is Michelle Wood and I am a junior biomedical sciences major from Hemphill, TX. It is the night before my flight, and I am still frantically trying to pack some last-minute items while saying my last goodbyes. The nerves definitely kicked in today. I started feeling them yesterday, when I realized today would be my last full day at home. Initially, I was excited and took it day-by-day, not worrying about actually leaving, but now the time has come.

I hope to learn more about a different culture, while also learning more about myself. I am excited to learn a new language and be immersed in all that Germany has to offer. I want to experience more than what my small town life has to offer. When I first started college, I thought moving to College Station was difficult, but I never would have imagined I would be living in Europe for a semester! I think that this will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I hope to learn as much as I can while I am there.

Goodbye America, hallo Deutschland!

No comments:

Post a Comment