Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pre-Germany

The time is 12:59 pm on the eleventh of January as I sit on the couch with my parents in the room watching the news, and I cant help but trace the flower pattern of the cushion next to me thinking about how I wont see it for over 3 months. My mind starts to wander from thought to thought. First, I think about what I am about where I am actually going. Germany! the only other European country I have visited before was Turkey, and that was only for a couple weeks, this is going to be a much different experience from the anything else I have done. My next thought is about all of the cultural and unique experiences I will get to witness and take part in. All of the activities that are special to Germany and so different from the rest of the world. I hope that I will be able to integrate into society as well as I can, to learn about the language and culture, and meet new people that I can call my friends.
The time is 12:59 pm on the eleventh of January as I sit on the couch with my parents in the room watching the news. I think about how much I will miss them, but also of the stories of adventure I can come back and tell them. I then think about how hard I will work to make them proud and what I will need to do to be successful. I think about what the chance running into a problem will be and how I would take care of that. I think about how my perspective will change and how the world will look to me in the future.
All of these thoughts run through my mind in a moment and I am excited that it is 1:00 pm on the eleventh of January. That I sit on the couch with my parents in the room watching the news where I am feeling the outline of the flower pattern of the cushion thinking that it is time to go start my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment