Saturday, January 28, 2017

Week 1

It's been a week since I've been in Bonn.The cities i visited were Aachen on Friday and Heidelberg in the weekend.Aachen had a cathedral that is famous from the Carolingian age. Charlemagne was an emperor who ruled most of Europe during the 800's. He essentially ruled most of Europe during his reign. It's incredible to see that a structure like this still is intact after 1,300 years. This is to show the brilliance of human ingenuity and architecture. Hiedelburg was a pretty nice city also. It is famous for the Philosopher's Walk and a castle near the old part of the city. It was my first private excursion with people in my program and it was pretty cool. I also got to experience living in a hostel for the first time ever. Usually when I travel we go to hotels or stay at a relatives house. Hostels are a cheap and efficient way to travel around Europe. I don't understand why we don't have this system in the United States as much. Possibly because the public transportation system isn't as good and people don't really "backpack" the United States. In most of Europe public transportation is very efficient and accommodation also. I think backpacking has been made easier through websites such as AirBnB.

No comments:

Post a Comment