Monday, January 30, 2017

Germany Week 2

Man oh man has the time here in Germany flown by. We are technically starting our third week here, but I wanted to tell you about my experiences from my second week in Germany. First off I went to Heidelberg, Germany with a group of friends. This trip was so beautiful and was a very relaxing get away. We got to explore the Heidelberg castle, which was covered in snow at the time and absolutely gorgeous. After Heidelberg it was back to Bonn for school. School began to pick up, which was an adjustment since before this week I did not feel that I was actually going to school. I love the German class because I feel like I am actually learning quite a lot of German and hopefully will know a lot by the end of this trip. We also went to Cologne on an excursion this week and this was by far my favorite part of the trip so far. I loved the cathedral it was truly breathtaking, maybe it was breathtaking because of the stairs you had to climb to get to the top or because of it's true beauty. On Thursday we were able to attend a museum here in Bonn where I learned a ton about German history, which I found extremely awesome. Now to the weekend story. This weekend we went to Amsterdam. This was an experience to say the least. We booked an air bnb that turned out to be a scam, so here we were Friday night sitting at the McDonalds not knowing where we were going to stay for the night. We eventually found a hostel that had enough room for all of us to stay, but only for one night. For Saturday we found a different hotel so it all eventually ended up working out. I can honestly say I am so proud of our group. No one snapped or got angry at the situation at hand we all acted calmly and found accommodations during a stressful situation. I am also proud that no one had a complete meltdown on the way back to Bonn as our trains got cancelled and rerouted since the train we were suppose to be on hit an individual. I can honestly say just in this week I have grown so much. I am so proud of the fact that in these stressful situations I am able to overcome the problem calmly and to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment