Wednesday, January 18, 2017

School and my new found hobby of shopping

School post: so this semester will be a new experience for me. Not just the fact that we are studying abroad in Germany, but the fact that I will be expected to attend all my classes. Since coming to college I have really enjoyed learning on my own and I'm most always not in attendance during my class sessions. So I will have to work on my patience as I learn to sit through lectures once more.

I have spent most of my Wednesday, 18th, getting set up with my online classes. Kristin has been more than helpful with getting me a laptop as I wait for mine to arrive. My marketing class is self paced with all my tests already posted so my goal is to burn through that as quickly as possible while still achieving an A. My Isys class is the pain in the ass class, requiring a PC and up to date outlook, however the computer lab in the back of AIB has all the programs I need. My only concern with ISYS is the assignments during the excursion weeks. I will need a PC with excel 2013 or newer. I am confident one of the other students in our program will have this, or minion Nathan, and I'm sure they would let me work something out with them.

Clothes and such: soooooooooo the first box containing my computer and what not arrived to the Bonn post office on Monday.... only to be returned to the USA for some reason I do not know. 😑

Therefore I now have a spiffy new outfit purchased from the mall. (And no, I didn't purchase any tank tops😉)

I am expecting the second box my mom shipped at AIB to arrive as early as this Friday and as late as next Friday, so we will see. Furthermore, there is nothing we can do about the first box until it gets back to Texas, so I will probably be needing AIBs rental lenova until the end of the month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment