Thursday, January 30, 2020

whoops I forgot week 1

I realized I forgot week 1. However, I wrote a bit about it in my journal that I've been *trying* to keep so I still remember how I felt about it.

If there is a word to describe my first week here in Bonn: it's jetlag. I was so exhausted every single day for the next week since my arrival because of the time zone change that I either couldn't sleep, or all I wanted to do was sleep when I wasn't supposed to. I remember taking a 4-hour nap on Sunday after we arrived in Bonn. Not only was that a mistake of massive proportions, I felt like it was kind of rude for some reason. Like my host mother probably thought Hannah and I were rude for just falling asleep all day and not going down to talk to her. It took a while for me to get accustomed to the time change, even then there are some nights that are better than others.

In terms of classes, the first week was incredibly easy. We only had one or two actual classes that week so it felt like a breeze. Compared to how things have managed to speed up two weeks later, the first week was an absolute piece of cake. I miss it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment