Sunday, January 26, 2020

Week 1 in Bonn

After only one week of living in Bonn, I feel like I have learned and experienced so much already. On my first day after the flight over from the states, I took a walk with my host family along the Rhine which was lovely. When I got home however, I lounged in my room for a bit and then felt a little paralyzed. I was worrying about how I would navigate the public transportation system the next day and trying to figure things out about my new from my room by frantically searching on my computer. I was nervous to even go outside for a walk and test run of the train for some reason. I think my nerves of being in a totally unfamiliar place where I didn't speak the language caught up to me. I finally talked myself into going out for a walk around my new neighborhood and my fears subsided. Now that I have conquered the public transportation system and am more comfortable just going out to explore the city, those initial fears seem a little ridiculous. The rest of the week was filled with fun experiences with new friends such as ice skating, wine tasting, a trip to Aachen, and a weekend trip to Koln. So far, I'm loving it here and I'm looking forward to more new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment