Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Bonn Week 1

Guten tag! I am living in Germany with the Witzoik family. They have four dogs: Mino, Timo, Hercules, and Bella. The largest dog (and the one with best table manners) is pictured below, which is Mino. This is not my first time studying in Germany, but it is my first time having a host family and I am so thankful for them and their overwhelming generosity.  

My room

Mino

Between starting classes and getting adjusted to a new time zone, this past week was pretty exhausting. We took a nice break in the middle of the week to visit Mayschoss Altenahr where I got to do my first wine tasting and learn a lot about the wine production process from start to finish. 

Touring the winery

Wine tasting at the vineyard

It has been a great start to the semester. With this being my final semester before graduating from Texas A&M, I hope to gain more than just knowledge about the classes that are required for my major. The major reason I decided to come to Germany is to acquire life skills and a better understanding of the world around me. I am actually taking some really interesting classes this semester though, which include: Physiology, Genetics, Neuroscience, German, and History of Medicine. My current favorite class is German!


No comments:

Post a Comment