Tuesday, January 7, 2020

T-minus 3 days till Abroad

It's January 7th, I'm leaving for Germany in 3 days. I'll be abroad for about 6 months and I am feeling so many emotions: excitement, nervousness, restlessness, wanderlust etc. I know no one one the program with me and no German. I'm afraid to leave behind ice water, Whataburger, and my family and friends. However, the excitement outweighs the nervousness. I have wanted to study abroad since I was little. I have always wanted to just go to a new country and practically reinvent myself. I have wanted to travel to everywhere I could possibly go, do things I never thought I would do, and live the best life I can. I'm starting this trip in 2020 at the age of 20, and they always say that your 20's will be the best decade of your life, so I am intent on making this decade the best it could be. I made a decade bucket list with 100 items I want to do before the end of the decade, and half of them I am hoping to cross off this semester. So be on the look out for blog posts about me working on my bucket list. I am most excited for free travel, learning German, creating a bond with my host family and people on the program, and most importantly growing as a person. Everyone who goes abroad says that it changed their lives, and I cant wait to see what this trip does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment