Sunday, January 26, 2020

Arriving in Bonn

The first week was well-paced. Surprisingly, I wasn't super jet-lagged and it wasn't until the fourth day or so that the language barrier gets frustrating. Figuring out the busses and trains took some time (and getting lost) but it all worked out just fine, and is easier than it seems. My host family is very kind and it is no problem (from either side) to share our opinions or ask about something. They are very understanding, which makes it much easier to adjust being in a new country. This week was a lot of walking around Bonn and getting to know area around the AIB better, as well as meet two of my host siblings who no longer live at home. I haven't learned much German but I am at least more comfortable with seeing a word and knowing how to pronounce it. Most of all I am glad that this study abroad has many opportunities to learn about the history of surrounding areas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment