Sunday, January 26, 2020

Week 2

The second week in Bonn was great. It started out with me attending my host brother's basketball game. I was skeptical about how interested I would be, but surprisingly it was fun. I got into the game and started cheering and yelling at the referees. They ended up winning so I was satisfied. Following this, I got to know some of his friends and eventually played a small pick up game with them. We then went home and had a tasty beef stew dinner. The weekend soon came to an end and the real work began. My peers and I were introduced to the Enmodes project and started to brainstorm ideas. This is a tough project but will be worth the hardships. In the coming days, we attended a field study in Köln. I will not forget the amazing sight when I got out of the train station, the Köln cathedral was stunning. We learned about its history what role Köln played a role in WWII. I will not forget this day trip and will definitely go back, especially for Carnival! We then ended the week with a tour of Bonn. There are many interesting sights to see as Bonn was the capital of Germany for many decades. Great second week and many more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment