Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Bonn: Week One

The first week in Bonn...

We arrived on Saturday, January 11th, in the afternoon. After a long two-hour bus ride from Frankfurt to Bonn, we arrived at AIB, where we met staff and also our host parents. I met Maria, my host mother, and my host cat, Mila, when I arrived at my house in Bornheim. Our first week was filled with many meetings about visas, german lessons, and learning our way around Bonn. My first few days were spent learning how to ride the train, attempting to read the signs and maps, and recovering from Jetlag. We visited many fun places in Bonn, like the Brauhaus Bonnsch, Bonn Ice skating rink, and Mayshoße vineyard. We took a trip to Aachen, Germany as well, to meet with Enmodes to discuss our semester project. My favorite part of the first week was our small weekend trip to Cologne, Germany, where we toured Lindt chocolate factory, took some cool pictures, enjoyed dinner and beer at Fruh Kolsch, and several other pubs in Cologne. My Sunday ended with a big meal (Maria goes big with food on Sundays), and a run with Bonn Running Club in the afternoon. I absolutely love Bonn so far, and I am so excited about what the rest of the trip has in store!

My newest phrase: "Ice spreche kein Deutsch"
Favorite food so far: Brotchen
Places I went: Bonn, Aachen, and Cologne, Germany







No comments:

Post a Comment