Sunday, January 12, 2020

Ein Neues Abenteuer

I decided to participate in this program because I felt like it could help me decide what I'd like to do after college. My love of traveling and learning about new cultures and places made coming to Germany an easy decision. When I first heard about it my freshman year, I knew I really wanted to go on this trip. I knew I wanted to travel abroad, just didn't really know when or where. When I talked to a former student about their experience on this trip, I knew it was a great opportunity and that it would help me figure out where I wanted to go with my career and grow and learn about new things. I'm extremely excited to travel and learn about different places in Europe and to learn more about Biomedical Engineering.
One of my initial concerns was living with a new family with different culture than me. I traveled to Germany about 4 years ago and was excited to come back to this beautiful country but was a little scared of living with a German family. My host family were very responsive and kind in their letters before the trip which eased my mind quite a bit. Another concern I have is missing home too much. I have a little sister and a dog (aka my baby) which I am going to miss immensely and was a little scared to leave them behind. My parents were a little hesitant to let me go at first, especially since the program is overseas, but are excited for me nonetheless and were very supportive in helping me prepare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment