Thursday, January 30, 2020

Week 3

This week has been quite a bit less exciting than the first two as I have become more settled in my new, temporary home and I have not traveled outside of Bonn. I have my daily tram routes down to a science. I know exactly when to roll out of bed in order to make the last possible tram that gets me to the AIB on time. One day this week, I did have to sprint from hbf to the AIB because one of the trams was cancelled without notice. The only problem with my last minute runs to the tram pickup is that I have not been able to consistently eat breakfast.
Speaking of food, almost everything I have eaten here, besides currywurst, has been incredible. I tried nutella gelato this week, and I must say it is better than most American ice cream (I know gelato is different than ice cream). Doner has been a staple in my diet and will probably remain as such throughout the semester. The best food I have had since arriving was surprisingly tacos. My host family made some incredible beef and included all of the Tex-Mex staples: salsa, guacamole, some weird French sauce that is similar to sour cream, etc.
Class has gotten more difficult, and balancing school work with exploration throughout the city and bars has also become increasingly difficult. Through these first three weeks, however, I have felt more motivated than I did the past semester in College Station; thus, I have managed to actually get a good portion of class work done each evening.
Although this week has not been too exciting, I am looking forward to the upcoming month of February. I already have plans to visit Amsterdam, Vienna, Budapest, and eventually Switzerland. I am most excited to ski down the beautiful slopes of Mount Titlis in Switzerland, but every adventure I embark one should be a memorable blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment