Sunday, January 19, 2020

Bonn week 1

Getting to Germany and settling into our host mom’s house has been kinda crazy. Gesine is really sweet and is helping us adjust without doing too much, which I really appreciate. I like the food a lot; she cooked some rosemary potatoes the first night that were SO good, I wish I could eat them at every meal. I also like the public transport system a lot— it’s really easy to get around the city and it only took a couple days for it to feel natural. It was weird to not start class until Thursday, but it was nice to have time to relax before worrying too much about school; I doubt there will be many opportunities for all of us to go drink a beer on a Monday night, but it was a fun way to spend time together and get to know each other. The winery tour on Wednesday was a similar bonding experience, and the view was amazing; I’m enjoying the group a lot and it’s nice to expand my friend group some (of course the wine helped break the ice). Aachen was also a really beautiful city and I’m excited to get more into the enmodes project; they seem really into working with us and want to hear our ideas and teach us about their products and the industry in general, which I like a lot. It’s already easier to feel at home in Germany, which is something that I was fairly worried about before coming here because I really wasn’t sure if or when that would happen, but I love it here. Not knowing much of the language is kind of crazy, but it hasn't been too much of a barrier because most people speak English, but I'd love to get to a place where I can have interactions in complete German.

No comments:

Post a Comment