Sunday, January 26, 2020

Week 1

Having just arrived in Germany, I already know this is going to be a great semester. I mainly spent this week to familiarize myself with the city, learn how using public transportation works (already having took the wrong tram line my second day of class and showing up late haha), and get settled in. Honestly what surprised me the most is HOW GOOD the food is here. Going to the market square is my favorite cause there are dozens of food trucks and stands ranging from Italian, Indian, crepes, bratwurst, and fresh fruits. Not only can you get a meal for 5 euros, but the food just hits different since its not mass produced, shipped, and stored in supermarkets. I honestly did not know grapes and blackberries could be so good. The market is so greatly designed you could find anything you would need; lunch, clothing stores, dozens of pubs, convenience stores, and even a UK shop that sells ketchup potato chips oddly. Everything you could ever need is located not even a 5 min tram ride away.

No comments:

Post a Comment