Monday, January 27, 2020

Bonn Week 2


Bonn Week 2 1.19 - 1.25
Tuesday I tried my first German spin class. I could only understand the instructor when she was counting (I have been practicing numbers A LOT), but it was still super fun! I am really trying to stay active since my diet in Germany has consisted mostly of bread and chocolate so far.

Deutsche spin ist kein problem!

Trip to Cologne, Germany
On Wednesday we went on a tour of Cologne Cathedral. The tour took us to the very top of the cathedral. Cologne Cathedral is the largest cathedral in Europe, towering at a height of 157 meters (~515 feet). It actually was the tallest building in the world for exactly 4 years (from 1880-1884). It is definitely a very spectacular place, even for those not affiliated with the Catholic church. 

side view of Cologne Cathedral

               
top of Cologne Cathedral

On Saturday we hiked to the highest point in Bonn. From there, you can see the Cologne Cathedral (about 20 miles away). 

It was foggy, but you can faintly see Cologne Cathedral in the background

After the hike my host family took me to this huge shopping center so I could buy an actual winter coat. Believe it or not, hoodies/sweatshirts do not cut it here in Germany. My new coat is so warm (YAY!) and it was 50% off (YAY!). 
Me, Ingrid, & Manfred (my host parents)


Thank you to everyone who is keeping up with me this semester via these blogs! I appreciate all of your kind words and support as I navigate these last adventures as an undergraduate at Texas A&M. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment