Sunday, January 12, 2020

Leaving for Bonn- A New Adventure

I always knew I wanted to study abroad since I was little, and when I found out about the Bonn Biosciences Program three years ago, I knew I had to go. I spoke to a student who had just gotten back from this program and he had nothing but positive things to say about his experience. He described it as one of the best times of his life. Now that I am getting ready to embark on this journey, I am most looking forward to new experiences such as traveling to new cities, staying with a host family, navigating a new place on my own, and learning about life in Germany. Although I am nervous about getting lost, not knowing the language, and adapting to a completely different way of life than I am used to, the opportunity for growth and new experiences has pushed me to go to Bonn. I feel like I will adapt well, I am fairly open minded and enjoy change. However, I really have no idea what to expect since I have never been to Europe and have never even lived outside of Texas, much less the US. I am also looking forward to documenting this journey on both this blog and in my own journal, so that I can further process and understand how this trip will change me, as well as look back on this experience in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment