Saturday, January 25, 2020

Week 1

Hallo!

This week has been crazy. We have gone on so many tours in Bonn and Cologne, many about the city and the history of the area. My favorite tour would have to be the former house prison of the Gestapo. This tour was full of so much history and held many personal stories from the people who were imprisoned there. One fascinating thing I had learned at this tour was that during Nazi rule, women were awarded medals, like the Olympics (bronze, silver, and gold), based on how many children they  had. A women would receive a gold medal if they had 8 or more children, and the 8th child's godfather would be Hitler. In regards to academics, they have been going well. My favorite class this far would have to be the History of Medicine course because I am very interested in history and the medical sciences. I have found myself getting a little behind on school work because our days are so packed and then I am very tired by the time I get home, but I will just have to learn how to manage my time and work through the tiredness. My goal for the upcoming week is to have fun but also set aside enough time to catch up on my school work.

 Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment