Wednesday, January 29, 2020

second week down

We've made it through two whole weeks now living in another country! A little impressed with myself I do have to say. I think I'm really starting to get a better grip on my classes as time has been going on, and I am definitely starting to figure my way around Bonn.

A few exciting activities we got to take part in this past week; one was a tour around Cologne, the other a welcoming hike for all the students over here with AIB!

My favorite part about Cologne was most definitely the cathedral. Never in my life have I seen something of such magnitude and beauty. Just standing there in its presence was absolutely breath-taking... I'm sure there are so many more of those moments to come over the semester. Aside from the cathedral, we also got a chance to try the famous Frueh bier, which knocked my socks off. Definitely a steep step up from a Natty light, that's for sure.

The welcoming hike was a wonderful experience as well. It was a very relaxing walk through some of the green of Bonn, which I can truly never get enough of.

Another really fun activity we got to take place in was some Kegel, which most of us just called "German Bowling" although we are aware it is not quite the same. In this game, there were 9 pins set up in a diamond, and the player had an arsenal of differently-sized balls (WITHOUT holes) to choose from. They would then roll the ball down a very narrow lane and try and knock as many pins as possible. I think I really got it down by the end of the night!

Back to the classes though.

I am having a rather difficult time with 211, but I've found recently that I just need to keep up with my reading of the textbook. However, aside from that class, all else is going very smoothly.

I'll be checking in again next week, see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment