Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Eins

Arriving to Frankfurt was a chilling experience because it was at freezing temperature and an entirely new environment. The first week was amazing! However, the first night before class started I couldn't sleep all night because jet lag is a real force to be reckon with. That being said, I came to the first class tired but with there being a new city, transportation to figure out, and new people to meet, I was newly energized. I am greatly impressed how clean and awesome the public transportation system is. Furthermore, the rest of the week had a great time learning about my surroundings and meeting new people. Also, visiting a vineyard and the Aachen cathedral are great places to feel welcomed to Germany. My host family are great people who genuinely care about me. At first, I felt awkward meeting my host mom the first time, but as soon as we drove home; all the nerves left because I felt that she had a warm heart and open arms. Ever since the first time meeting my host family, I am always excited to see them after class. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment