Wednesday, January 8, 2020

4 month long sojourn in Germany

I am excited, to say the least, to be able to study abroad this semester. I have really never traveled like this, so that's one big thing I am ready to experience. A new culture, new sights, and even a new way of life. I have always found myself to be the one sharing my culture with people and really never the other way around. Being able to live with a host family and be able to engage in German culture, I am ready to embrace a different side and become more open-minded about international cultures and the things that come with this. One thing the previous abroad students stated was that they gained a sense of independence and a new perspective not only on life but on themselves as well which is something I'm anticipating but as well cautious with. I am also excited to see how the project assigned from the biotech company will work out, and what things will come from it. I am a little worried about language barriers but there's nothing two people can't resolve with a few quick word translations and maybe even pictures. You can picture and imagine something but it will always be different from how it actually plays out, so I am so excited to see how this will go. Alles Klar!

No comments:

Post a Comment