Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Bonn: Week Two

The second week in Bonn...

This week was packed with fun excursions and lots of classes! On Wednesday, we went on an excursion to Cologne, which is becoming one of my new favorite places. We got a city tour and potato soup for lunch(another new favorite) at a famous place called Gaffel am Dom. We then had the opportunity to see the Gestapo headquarters in Cologne and toured this building. It was a great, but sad experience. We also had a rooftop cathedral tour at Cologne cathedral, which was absolutely stunning. While it was cold, the experience was so cool and I am glad we got the chance to see it. On Friday, we received a complete tour of Bonn from several native Bonn residents, which was great. Saturday, the group took part in a welcome hike. We got beautiful views of Bonn, and mulled wine, what more could you want? On Sunday, Maria brought me along with some of her friends to a Cafe on the other side of the Rhein, accessible by ferry. I ended the week with another Milshkaffe and a Berliner, which is really no surprise. I am looking forward to our traveling in the next coming weeks, but I have enjoyed spending time with my host mom and being in Bonn! Next week: Munich!!

Phrases I used the most: "Ein brotchen", "Noche einen bitte", "Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch"
New favorite foods: Was blessed enough to discover Milshkaffe (no, it is not a cappuccino), marmalade Berliner, Currywurst (somehow I am still the same weight.)
Places I went this week: Bonn, Cologne, Germany











No comments:

Post a Comment