Sunday, January 26, 2020

Week 2 in Bonn

We started getting into a relatively normal class schedule this week which is nice, I am enjoying a little bit of routine along with the excitement of new experiences here in Bonn. On Tuesday, we went bowling after class which was very different from bowling in the US. It was very fun and I think we all got the hang of it after a few turns. On Wednesday, we had a full day in Koln where we got a city tour, a tour of a Gestapo building and prison, as well as a tour of the Koln Cathedral where we climbed to the top. The Gestapo prison tour was my favorite from that day. Although it was sad, I found the history very interesting and I think it's important to take advantage of learning about the Holocaust and World War II while in Germany. Sadly, I got sick at the end of the day and felt horrible that night and the next day. This was the first time that I actually felt homesick and wanted to go home. I got frustrated when I had to walk all the way to the pharmacy instead of just hopping in a car, and I was equally as discouraged when I couldn't read the label on the medicine. As soon as I felt better these feelings of frustration went away, and I am back to enjoying my trip with an open mind. I am definitely getting closer to my host family as well and am enjoying their company here in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment