Friday, January 10, 2020

Germany here we come!

So here we are, day of departure, and I'm at a complete loss for words on how I might explain how I am feeling right now. Very excited to have this opportunity of furthering my education on the other side of the world, but still a little nervous when I really sit down and start thinking about it. I know I'll have no issue once I'm there, but the crossing of the threshold is always the biggest hill to get over it seems.

I'm not setting too many expectations for this journey as I really just want to see where it'll take me, ultimately staying away from trying to guide it myself. Becoming more acquainted with the culture is a goal I have set for myself, but not an expectation I am forcing. In addition to cultural integration, a couple other reasons I signed up to participate in this are to break out of my comfort zone a tad more, and challenge myself with an unfamiliar learning environment. 

Once again, nervous, but more ready than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment