Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Pre-Flight Jitters

In about ten hours, I will be boarding my flight to Frankfurt, Germany. It makes me extremely nervous since it will be my first international flight. It has been so long since I have taken a plane ride and I have been having to refresh my memory on the whole process. I've been worried about missing connecting flights and my suitcase taking a random detour.

I have been packing and unpacking clothes because I want my luggage to be as light as possible. I know that I will want to shop and have been trying to make as much room as I can. I am looking forward to finding cute clothes for my nieces to wear when I get back home. I am going to miss them and my family so much during the trip. I had a chance to see them one last time before I left for the semester.

However, I am also very excited about having this opportunity to study abroad. For me, it is a wonderful chance to be immersed in another country and experience the culture. I have always wanted to travel internationally and I finally have an opportunity to do so. This trip will definitely give me the necessary experience to think about foreigners in America feel when they arrive.

One of my biggest worries is how my Mom is going to be when I leave. She has been upset the last few days, but she is very supportive of my decision. Another worry is the language.  I really hope that I will be able to pick up on the German language quickly.

My goals are to:

(1) Get out and experience as much as I possibly can. I want to travel around Europe and see everything that I possibly can. I want to go to a soccer game in Spain, a ski trip in the Alps, and much more. I'm praying that we still get to visit Paris because it is a place that I've want to see since I was a child.

(2) Crack down on studying. This is the most important thing for me since we get to experience so many new things. It is difficult to want to study when you know that there are so many amazing things to see and do.




No comments:

Post a Comment