Monday, January 11, 2016

Der Burg ruft

Right now, hours before I wake up tomorrow to drive to the airport, my bags are not completely packed, I stress about little things I left back at Cstat, and I'm staying up late from my pre-travel jitters. It's a weird feeling knowing that I will be leaving my family for the next couple of months, a feeling that kind of hit really hard today. I will miss them a lot. However, I have hopeful expectations for this journey, for many events in my life have pointed to this trip. SO before I embark, these are the 3 major expectations/goals/hopes I have for this next semester:

(1)
To push myself to my limits in all aspects; traveling, diving into new and different culture, learning German, working hard in school, etc. I will be in Germany for the semester and hopefully a couple of weeks afterwards to travel and uniquely explore Europe and everything it entails. Thats a long time, but also not. I hope to really push myself and go when I don't feel comfortable doing so, and gradually live everyday outside of my comfort zone. I want to  truly immerse myself into these spectacular cultures I have the privilege to experience.

(2)
Through pushing myself, I hope to gain a worldly perspective, awareness, and appreciation. This mindset I hope to attain through pushing myself. Currently my perspective is narrowly focused on me and my walk and my journey and my school and my etc. But I have faith that there is a far bigger picture and that I am definitely not the center of that picture. Through living outside of my comfort zone and immersing myself in these cultures, I will gain a worldly bigger perspective of these other people and other events going on as well. My life is intertwined with all the other lives of people on this earth and to gain a perspective of that belief will require me to dive into these cultures and understand and love these people. And hopefully this will allow me to grow exponentially as a man, and hopefully I can apply this to my future family. Plus I would love to have a constant worldly perspective and love for these unique and beautiful cultures.

(3)
To explore and understand further my faith as a Christian through studying scriptures and journaling. I want to really understand more of what Grace is, and the creativity of how God created this earth and all the beautiful cultures and places I will experience. I want to have an eternal mindset, meaning that whats most important at the end of the day and in Heaven is the relationships you've made with people, the only thing that will transfer from earth to Heaven. As I explore and truly study God's Word, I want to grow in my faith as a man, and I believe this goal is just as intertwined with my previous two and vice versa. Plus to understand my faith in my own words will be incredible and powerful and will allow me to grow exponentially, I have faith. 


These are 3 main goals/expectations I have for these next few months. Who knows to what extent they are fulfilled or accomplished. Plus I tooootally expect to shred some sick nasty gnar in the Swiss Alps with my homie Shawn and GoPro every single thing that we all experience. I am so excited, yet also sad to leave my family. All this emotions mix together keep me awake, but excitement is constantly growing.

I can't wait to backpack and see the beautiful panorama of the mountains. 

The mountains are calling and I must go. -- John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment