Saturday, January 30, 2016

Let the Good Times Roll

Another week down and feeling better and better about Bonn, school and the AIB with each progressing day. It has still been weird being away from home and I go in and out of fully realizing where I am. I am loving it here though and I owe that to my AMAZING host family, and of course the other students. My host family has truly accepted me as one of their own and my brothers' have allowed me to hang out and meet a lot of their friends. The first week was full of being told where to go and having something planned every second of the day, but finally being able to slow down and settle in is very nice. I plan on hanging out with my host brothers a lot more and becoming apart of their organizations.

Of course school is school, but it has been pretty great so far. Some classes are on a day to day basis, but I love what I am learning and the people teaching it.With learning what we  get to learn and the things that we have the opportunity to be apart of, this trip has made me ever more excited about my career and seeing more of the world. I am so excited for the design project that we will get to be apart of as well as the things we are getting to learn in class such as the in depth knowledge about the cardiovascular system. I can admit that I haven't fully accepted and embraced all of the things that we have been blessed with and have to look forward to. Each day is a new adventure and something else to be thankful for and this trip is definitely making me realize that. In saying all of this about life now, you truly don't notice how busy your schedule can be with organizations and clubs until you no longer have to go to any of them. I have had so much more time to focus on school or seeing friends and exploring because I have not had to worry about meetings, social events, or fundraisers.

This weekend I decided not to travel and stay home and get to know my host brothers more and even got to watch some new German sports as well as get to go to a rowing tournament. However, I could wrote ten blogs on the fun, scares, and good times of Amsterdam last weekend. This up coming weekend I CAN NOT....CAN NOT wait to get to experience Karnyval and just be apart of the German atmosphere during that time. I am sure I will have ever more to brag about after that time and the upcoming week. Each succession day is a new adventure in itself and I am very glad I decided to be apart of this study abroad trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment