Thursday, January 7, 2016

Before Bonn

So it is now January 7th and I am starting to say good byes to my friends, family, and loved ones. I can't wait to go to Germany but I am experiencing a plethora of emotions: excitement, fear, sadness, happiness, literally probably every emotion you can think of.

I'm excited because I've never been to a foreign country before. Im excited to meet the people, try the food, and just live in a foreign environment. I enjoy putting myself in unknown situations and seeing how I adapt. That's why I chose to go to A&M vs a school in Ohio.

I'm a little scared because I will be on my own and away from any contact with my family. If something goes bad back home or overseas, they are no longer just a phone call away. I'm also scared because of the threats of terror in the east and the fact that foreign countries don't like Americans.

I'm sad because I won't be able to see anyone that I've become friends with since I've been at college. I won't be able to see any family or friends from back home for a semester.

But I'm also happy because of all the wonderful things that are going to come out of this trip. Not only will I be able to take 15 hours in a foreign country, but I'll be able to say I've worked for a start-up prosthetics company. This will help build my resume, which will help get me internships, which will in turn give me better career opportunities. I know that this trip has taken a large chunk out of my savings and getting loans to do it makes it even worse, but I know that it will pay itself back in the end.

So there are my pre-trip thoughts. I'm just a bundle full of emotions and excitement and I can't wait to go, but I also can wait to go. But I'm definitely looking forward to the wonderful experiences that are about to unfold.


No comments:

Post a Comment