Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Auf Wiedersehen Amerika, Hallo Deutschland

Time really has passed by quickly since I first found out I was going to study abroad in Germany for a semester. Now, it's less than a few hours before I hop onto a plane and head over. I'm not sure I can express how excited I actually am! 

The whole trip didn't seem very real to me for quite a while. It just felt like a casual topic of conversation I had with my friends and family. But once I was contacted by my "host mum" (as she referred to herself) it finally started to feel real. She was very sweet and sincere and so happy that I liked dogs (as I mentioned in my application) because she has two of them, Wilma and Molly. Her kind words made me feel so welcomed even though I haven't made it there yet. Then a couple of my friends threw me a "going away" party and the realization of me leaving for the spring semester hit again along with sad feelings of missing out on so much for the next 4-5 months. But the more I think about it, I can't be missing out on too much, because I'll be the one out exploring Europe!

Airport jitters are setting in as I await to board my plane for the next few hours. But I am more than excited to indulge myself into the German culture and experience taking classes abroad. It will be an experience of a lifetime I know I will be able to look back on and enjoy such sweet memories. 

Until Bonn, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment