Tuesday, January 19, 2016

How I got over 100,000 steps in 4 days...

After the past few days any worries I have had about gaining weight on this trip have completely vanished. We have taken several tours around Bonn to get acquainted as well as a hike through the vineyards, a scavenger hunt, and a nice muddy hike to a church which was well worth it.

I have found Bonn to be a cute little city, cold, but cute nonetheless. There are lots of little shops and lots of places with food which is always a bonus. My first meal here was Doner, a turkish food that has taken Germany by storm. It was good, and the start to a long trend of meals with an abundant amount of carbs, but who doesn't love carbs right?

My host family is very sweet, although I don't see them very often. I have a host sister, host mother, and even a host dog named Leo. So far the language barrier has not been an issue, however, I've been warned that English may disappear in a few weeks....YIKES.

Classes are getting off to a fun start and I've realized that I'm essentially on a really long college field trip.....every kid's dream, right? For history of medicine we were able to go to a museum to have a lecture tour by Dr. Wasser, the first of many excursions where the classroom is literally coming to life. Needless to say I am very excited for what lays ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment