Monday, January 25, 2016

Getting used to being Foreign

Post Week 2

Week two was pretty awesome! 
I wouldn't say that I am getting used to things in any normal sense, but I am getting used to being foreign. It is the new norm, to get blank stares at shops and give them back, struggling to understand one another. It is normal to not understand any of the signs or the people walking in the streets. It is normal to be in freezing weather and yet still spending the whole day walking outside. It is normal to make trips in the middle of the week to other cities and seeing marvelous things every day. 

Classes starting was a bummer, but it hasn't taken away all of the great things about being in Germany. Super glad that I am here and I am looking forward to what the next weeks have in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment