Sunday, January 31, 2016

Enjoying Good Camaraderie

Its my birthday today, I am 20 years old. How blessed I am to be able to spend it in Germany, such a beautiful country. After traveling to Brussels this past weekend and returning home I realized how much I love Germany. Its such a great place! I may be biased since I am studying here but I do love Germany.

This past weekend I traveled to Brussels Belgium with my flatmate Shawn, along with Caleb, Sarah, Lauren, Reagan and Elaine and it was a blast! Besides the delicious waffles(Nutella, banana and more whip cream than actual waffle) and chocolate, my favorite part was the Grand Place, a beautiful square with tall gothic buildings detailed beyond belief.

Tuesday we went to Köln and I realized I really love Cologne, for some reason its been my favorite place I have traveled to thus far. It seems like such an awesome city and an amazing place to hangout. The cathedral there is stunning. Literally breathtaking, especially with a view from 70 meters high right at sunset. Gosh that was THE experience of a lifetime, this all is and I LOVE IT ALL!!

Shawn and I met our other host brother André and he is so freaking cool to hangout with! He is sarcastic and hilarious and good at FIFA, we have spent a lot of time playing each other on that now.

This just finished weekend I went to Cochem Germany with Shawn Kendal, Elaine, Reagan and Madison. Cochem is a beautiful little wine town with an awesome castle on top of a tall hill. Our hotel was right across the castle, a beautiful view. We tried and bought some seriously DELICIOUS wine, and it was all so good! We even had ice wine, a rare luxury. Saturday night we went back to our hotel and played some games to get to know each other, and before we knew it we were talking about the Gospel, our past relationships, why we are doing Biomedical Engineering, and the purpose to our lives. It was a deep talk that was really kind of special. We all grew closer because of it and I am so thankful for that, to grow closer to these people and see the world with them. I am looking forward to traveling and studying and hanging out with these friends and seeing where the Lord takes us.

This past night of good camaraderie really shows me how sovereign the Lord is; I have been slacking in spending time with him, one of my three main goals I discussed in a previous blog. But growing a broad mindset and pushing myself to experience these different cultures is something I am definitely doing and its great. Its applying to loving these people here and I enjoy it. Everyone has a story and its so awesome to hear their stories and be a part of it too.

Beyond Thankful for this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment