Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hallo from Duetchland

In the best and in a nostalgic way, we have been in Germany for a week. It feels like we have been here for at least a couple weeks, and have seen the entire city. The first week was filled with long hikes, tours, and uncertainty about how to get from one place to another. Getting to class the first day was definitely more of a struggle then getting in a car and driving to school. With a 3 minute walk to the bus stop, figuring out stopping times, getting to the train stop, coping with the train schedule, and then a 15 minute walk to class makes the voyage fun. The highlights of the first week included a guided tour around Bonn, a very beautiful hike at the Mayschoss winery where we got to sit down and eat food as well as taste and buy wine. We then hiked on the path of  a christian pilgrimage to a secluded church full of history. I feel like I know the city of Bonn as if I have been here for months. Getting around the city and to class and back is no longer a problem at all and there is minimal time waiting at stops. I know I will be spending more money then I had anticipated on traveling and food though, thanks to a wonderful and tasty bakery at every turn and so many amazing places to visit.

I can not thank my whole host family enough for their welcoming character and wonderful acceptance of me. My host mother makes my house feel as if I am back home at my own house, and my host siblings allow for more English speakers in my house and people closer to my age. My host brother also welcomed me into a club that he is the leader of and allows me to workout, hang out and meet tons of new people. Thanks to being able to workout with my brother and the amount of walking I will have to do each day, I will be able to eat all of the food and tasty sweets I want without having to worry about getting fat. ALL of the food here is amazing..especially the dunner.

Although classes have just begun, things are going great. I can not wait to hear what our project will be and what things we will be achieving and creating. Some classes will definitely be harder then other class, but I think I will be able to do alright in class while still being able to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment